Immaculate Heart of Mary School is an important part of the apostolate of Saint Benedict Center. In addition to our religious brothers and sisters, some very talented and zealous lay Catholic educators work with us to form our charges into “loyal subjects of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King and His Queen Mother, educating them as intelligent and virtuous members of the Church Militant, who will take their place in the Church Triumphant,” to cite our school handbook.
Aside from teaching High School Religion, I am offering a class this year in Journalistic Writing. Nearing the end of the first quarter, the students now have something to show for themselves, and I am happy to take the liberty of introducing our Catholicism.org to my budding young writers, whose first “big” assignment was to cover the recent Saint Benedict Center Conference.
So, with any further adieu, I present you with the humble beginnings of the IHM Observer:
- Chouinard Speaks about Secular Hell, Real Heaven, by RUBÉN BOSONETTO
- A Look ‘Behind the Scenes’ of the SBC Conference, by GABRIELA BOSONETTO
- Fatima Scholar Gives ‘Review Course’ of Mary’s Message, by ROBERT BRITT
- Octogenarian Calls Audience to ‘Make America Catholic Again,’ by MARIA FILIPI
- SBC Prior Speaks on Fatima as ‘A Vision of Happiness,’ by THERESA GRIFFIN
- Conference Speaker, a Papal Knight, Promotes Reign of Christ the King, by RICHARD GRIFFIN
- Diverse Array of Speakers Discuss Fatima at SBC Conference, by GABRIEL BROCKMAN
- C.J. Doyle Speaks on Demographic Dearth and Marian Hope, by JEROME HAZELRIGG
- Sister Maria Philomena Addresses ‘Hatred, Ambition, Salvation’ in Light of Fatima, by ISABELLA FILIPI
- SBC Conference Hosts ‘Most Radical Man on Radio,’ by JULIANA HAYNES
In the coming weeks, I expect some feature articles to populate the new site, but we will not rush the young scholars. These things take time.