Holy Mother Church dedicates the month of August to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. On August 15 we celebrate the Feast of the Assumption, and on August 22, the Feast of the Immaculate Heart. Our novena begins on the 14th, the Vigil of the Assumption, and ends on the 22nd, the patronal feast of our Order and doctrinal Crusade. The intention of this novena is twofold:
Primary Intention: We pray that our doctrinal Crusade may be victorious, and that each and every member will remain true to the ideals upon which it was founded.
Secondary Intention: We pray that the Church — Pope, hierarchy, clergy and faithful — will conform to the requests of Our Lady of Fatima, that Russia will be consecrated to Her Immaculate Heart and thereby converted, and that devotion to Her Immaculate Heart will then be established throughout the world, as Our Lord desires.
The form of this novena is quite simple. It consists of these three parts (the prayers are given below):
- State the intention of the novena.
- Pray the Magnificat.
- Pray the Litany of Loreto (or the Blessed Virgin Mary).
We earnestly hope that you will join with us in praying this novena to Our Lady, and in celebrating, in a fitting manner, the two great Marian feasts with the intervening octave.
46) My soul doth magnify the Lord
47) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior
48) Because He hath regarded the humility of His handmaidfor behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49) For He that is mighty hath done great things to me and Holy is His Name.
50) And His mercy is from generation to generations, to them that fear Him.
51) He hath showed might in His armHe hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
52) He hath put down the mighty from their throne, and hath exalted the humble.
53) He hath filled the hungry with the good thingsand the rich He hath sent empty away.
54) He hath received Israel, His servant, being mindful of His mercy.
55) As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed, forever.
The Litany of Loreto (the Blessed Virgin Mary)
Lord, have mercy (Christ, have mercy)
Lord, have mercy, Christ, hear us (Christ, graciously hear us)
God the Father of Heaven, (have mercy on us)
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, (…)
God the Holy Ghost, (…)
Holy Trinity, One God, (…)
Holy Mary, (pray for us)
Holy Mother of God, (…)
Holy Virgin of virgins
Mother of Christ,
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of heaven,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of Angels,
Queen of Patriarchs,
Queen of Prophets,
Queen of Apostles,
Queen of Martyrs,
Queen of Confessors,
Queen of Virgins,
Queen of all Saints,
Queen conceived without original sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
Queen of peace,
Lamb of God Who takest away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord!
Lamb of God Who takest away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord!
Lamb of God Who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God,
R. That we made be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray:
Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we Thy servants may enjoy lasting health of mind and body, and by the glorious intercession of the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from the present sorrow and enter into the joy of eternal happiness. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.