The Southern Poverty Law Center, Morris Dees’ fund raising powerhouse, has recently published a series of scurrilous articles against Catholic traditionalists.
In a statement released Friday, February 2, Brother André Marie, Prior of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Richmond, New Hampshire, said that the unfounded attacks are typical of the SPLC. “The organization makes its money on marketing liberal buzz-word hysteria. They attacked Patrick Buchanan as a racist for opposing immigration and censured the movie Return of the King as white racist propaganda. Who in their right mind would take these people seriously?”
Return of the King is director Peter Jackson’s 2003 film adaptation of the classic fantasy novel of the same name by the English Catholic author J. R. R. Tolkien.
Brother André Marie addressed the SPLC’s smear on Saint Benedict Center in «Ad Rem» N° 20: Liberal Hate Profiteers Slam Traditionalists.
The following articles, taken from a broad selection of web sites, show that the SPLC profiteers on hysterical anti-hate campaigns:
- The Southern Poverty Law Center: A Twisted Definition of ‘Hate’ by Matthew Vadum
- Looking For Hate In All The Wrong Places
- Southern Poverty Law Center: Activities, Agendas, and Worldview
- The Church of Morris Dees
- FACT SHEET ON MORRIS DEES and the SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER
- Morris Dees’ Hate Campaign