On November 8, 2016, much to the surprise of the politicians and those who support them, Donald Trump was elected to be the next president of the United States. Throughout the presidential campaign, foul mouthed insults and mud-slinging were so common that it often dulled any meaningful debate between the candidates. Those who opposed Trump contended he was a “buffoon.” Yes, Trump was a successful business man, they would occasionally concede. Moreover, he was entertaining — like a red-nosed clown in a circus. However, his “shoot from the hip” rhetorical style was simply not “presidential” enough to hold the highest office in the land.
Presidential aspirant Hillary Clinton, as her campaign unfolded, showed that she was no friend of the Catholic Church. In fact, her disdain for the Church and its teachings became public knowledge. Clinton supports abortion, same-sex marriage, divorce, birth control etc. The list of her corruptive policies could go on and on. One thing is likely now that Donald Trump is the president elect. The swelling persecution of Catholics and other Christian denominations should cease, at least for this brief moment in time. On the other hand, given Hillary Clinton’s mind set, if she had been elected, one can only imagine how this disciple of Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his book Rules for Radicals to Lucifer, would govern traditional Catholics who take their Faith seriously.
Alinsky, as many of the readers of this on-line journal probably know, presented thirteen diabolically oriented principles, the application of which were crafted to not only defeat, but to crush the opposition. Needless-to-say, treating one’s enemies charitably was not one of these thirteen principles. Alinsky’s rules and my comments on them are as follows:
- Power is not what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have (Notice the importance of perception here. Knowing your enemy and how he sees you determines the tactics and resources needed to defeat him. Prior planning prevents poor performance and gives you the upper hand).
- Never go outside the experience of your people (Always stay within the bounds of your competence. Don’t bite off more than you can chew).
- Whenever possible, go outside the experience of your enemy (The enemy is likely to be much more vulnerable when forced to confront situations, with which he has no experience. Lure him into such situations and take advantage of his inexperience).
- Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules (Those who violate the laws of God and His Church can be repeatedly attacked and condemned as being hypocrites. Pointing out and emphasizing their moral deficiencies keeps them on the defensive).
- Ridicule is man’s most important weapon (Mocking, making fun of, and insulting your enemy makes him appear foolish. The attacker appears confident and stronger than his adversary if he is skilled in using this tactic).
- A good tactic is one that your people enjoy (If your people enjoy the tactic, they are more likely to be enthusiastic and diligent in using the tactic to inflict pain on the enemy. Moreover, such a fun-filled tactic can be repeatedly and enthusiastically applied as needed).
- A tactic that drags on too long is a drag (Like salt that losses its savor, an over-used tactic can become “boring” and ineffective. The old saying, Variety is the Spice of Life, would apply here.
- Keep the pressure on (Persistence is most important. Outlasting the enemy is critical. Keep turning up the heat and show no mercy.)
- The threat is more terrifying than the thing itself (The power of words is important here. Describing the danger to come using incendiary language and exaggeration makes that danger appear to be more frightening than it really is. This causes the enemy to lose heart).
- The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain constant pressure on the opposition (The key to success is the maintaining of [my emphasis] CONSTANT PRESSURE. Again, persistence, outlasting the enemy, is critical.)
- If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counter side (In other words, if we tell a lie long and loud enough, people will come to believe that the lie is truth. Saint Paul, in his Epistle to the Romans, warned about this two-thousand years ago. Lying has become a common practice in the political arena. Today when caught in a lie, politicians say they “misspoke.” Truth has become fiction and fiction truth).
- The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative (Again, prior planning is important here. In order to insure success, well-conceived alternative tactics that might be needed are waiting in the wings. Don’t get caught short).
- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it (Identify the enemy, hone in on him, direct your savagery in such a way that he is peppered with personal attacks, and isolate him so that he feels cut off from others).
A cursory reading of these rules shows that Alinsky and his followers promote an “anything goes” philosophy. The ruthless application of his thirteen principles are viciously unleashed in order to achieve what Alinsky and his lot have decided is “good” for us. Threats, insults, lies, violence, and other “dirty tricks” are gleefully inflicted on their victims by thugs who are sometimes paid for their services. As noted previously, inflicting and observing the suffering of their hapless, unprepared victims are sources of gratification for Alinsky’s disciples. The suffering that they inflict on the enemy is the sign of a job well-done. Treating your enemy charitably is non-existent when the goal is to crush him. Mercy is considered to be a weakness, not a virtue — unless mercy can be used as a tactic to manipulate and subdue the opposition.
The old saying “You have to crack some eggs to make an omelet” applies to the preceding. Alinsky’s followers not only enjoy eating the omelet, but cracking the eggs before making it is a fun-fest activity for these hardened psychopaths. When one has no conscience, anything becomes permissible. Psychopaths are undeterred by guilt, remorse, or shame. It is “ordinary folks,” who experience these emotions, and it is these feelings, which keep our attraction to evil and the sinful behavior accompanying it in check.
That Alinsky and his disciples hate the Catholic Church should not be surprising. It was the active Church Militant, the Catholic Church of the past, that led the way in protecting its members and secular society from the moral evils, to which we now have become so spiritually dulled. It is no secret that legions of Catholics have left the Church or are Catholics “in Name Only”. It is not unusual to hear them complain about “Catholic Guilt” as though this was a disease inflicted upon them by mean-spirited nuns, priests, and the Church hierarchy. Yet it was this Catholic guilt which kept the likes of Saul Alinsky at bay and insured that legislation legalizing abortion, same-sex marriage, and other moral perversions would be thrown into a waste basket. No wonder Hillary Clinton disdains the Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church, which the enemy targets and aims to destroy.
Although Clinton and her supporters were heavily favored to defeat Donald Trump, her defeat was an answer to prayers. The arrogance of Clinton and her staff resulted in their grossly underestimating Trump and the dissatisfaction and mounting anger of the American public. The public’s loss of confidence in what the media called “the establishment” — those self-serving politicians and behind-the-scenes donors who had become entrenched in the system — unfolded as the campaign progressed. Their greed and desperate attempts to maintain their power was never so blatantly evident. Lying, deception, hurling insults at one another, and “dirty tricks” of the most nefarious sort reached an all-time high. So-called debates were reduced to a street fight in which cleverly phrased and emotionally laden rhetoric became the weapons of war. Like the evil hydra — the multi-headed serpent of Greek mythology — the frightening appearance of “the establishment,” its’ great power, and the length and breadth of the diabolically driven tactics that they will use to maintain their behind-the-scenes control is shocking. For ordinary folks, it is hard to believe that there is a deeply entrenched “establishment,” wielding such power. This is the stuff of which “conspiracy theories” are made — theories concocted by a “lunatic fringe,” which are ridiculed by those intellectuals who assure us that they know better. The Trump campaign, if nothing else, has taught us that collusion and conspiring are not mere theories to be taken lightly. Rather, they are real entities, which if not “called out” and exposed have the power to destroy us.
As noted at the beginning of this article, November 8, 2016, was a reprieve from national disaster. Through the election of Donald Trump, it seems, let us hope, that Our Lord has allowed us a period of time to put our moral and spiritual house in order. Let us be thankful.
Breathing sighs of relief and returning to the slothful complacency of the past could easily occur if we fail to be spiritually diligent. More than ever we must stay alert and not assume that because Trump has prevailed, the battle is over. On the contrary! Alinsky and his disciples are and will remain hell-bent on building the City of Man here on earth. Like the Father of Lies, to whom Alinsy’s book was dedicated, they will stay committed to “cracking eggs” to make what they believe is a good omelet. Moreover, they will “Keep the pressure on” (rule #8) for however long this will take. Unfortunately, the real battle for the soul of our nation is just beginning. To assume otherwise would be foolish. Our Lord, through His grace, is providing us with the opportunity to engage our nation with the Catholic challenge of Faith and Morals. Let us not fall asleep at the wheel at this most trying of times.
Lastly, increasing our daily prayers to Our Lady of the Rosary must become the most important priority in the time allotted to us. Keep in mind that there will be no second chance if we do not reverse the satanically inspired crash course, on which we are headed. Burying our collective heads in the sand and Pollyanna rhetoric will not woo the enemy into our camp or end the attacks designed to destroy the divine moral order. Lucifer and his minions will wage a battle against Our Lord and His Church until Our Lady “crushes his head” at the end of time. This victory, Our Lord has promised. Finally, I would like to offer the following prayer to be recited daily to Our Blessed Mother petitioning her assistance in saving our country:
To the Most Holy Virgin of Good Success
Our Lady and Mother, see how evil is invading everything: hearts, families, society, our Country.
Children no longer walk the path of innocence. The youth, caught up in worldly pastimes, no longer come before thy altar to ask thy maternal blessings; nor do they seek the light of thy gaze to dissipate the shadows of doubt the world instills unceasingly.
Mothers are forgetting that the home is the first school where good is taught and that they are the first teachers. Family life today has deteriorated and the sound of the call to prayer is rarely heard.
In the schools, there is no prayer nor are thy grandeurs sung. In the home, few still believe in Divine Providence which has counted all the hairs on our heads and the suffering of our hearts, and few have recourse to the merciful assistance of thy maternal heart.
In these hours, our Country is the poor traveler of the Gospel who fell into the hands of thieves, riddled with wounds that are almost mortal, without the relief of any human hope.
My sweet Mother, take care of these abandoned children who are lost because they have nothing in life. Protect the youth so that these tender plants are not swallowed in the poisonous muck of vice. Teach mothers the divine gift of being mothers and the duty to model the hearts of their children at the cost of any sacrifice, of saving them with the mysterious supplication of their tears.
If you do not come to the assistance of this agonizing Country, the remnant of Christendom will disappear. Thy heart is an abyss of ineffable tenderness. Let a drop of balm fall upon it and its wounds and it will live. Amen.
(From a holy card given to the founders of Apostolate of Our Lady of Good Success by the Mother Abbess of the Conceptionist Convent in Quito @ 2000) The Apostolate of Our Lady of Good Success, 1288 Summit Ave Suite 107, Oconomowoc, WI 53066