The Ad Rem just posted today was intended to be up in time for yesterday’s feast of the Transiguration. Circumstances forbad that. I’m posting here something of a “coda” to it.
For your consideration of the great mysteries of Our Lord’s Transfiguration and of Theosis, here are some further readings. Two notes are in order: (1.) Because of the heavy emphasis that our Eastern Christian brethren put on these, I have cited Orthodox sources. It should go without saying that I do not approve of schism (see here and here), and that I hope these “separated brethren” return to Church unity. (2.) In reading the Orthodox sources, note that the doctrine of Gregory of Palamas, concerning “uncreated light” is not Catholic and has been a subject of controversy within the Orthodox communions.
- Lenten Transfiguration — my meditation on the Second Sunday of Lent, another occasion when the Latin Church’s Gospel concerns the Transfiguration.
- The Battle of Belgrade and the Transfiguration — on our site.
- Theosis — on the Orthodox Wiki, for an Eastern Orthodox point of view.
- What is Theosis — another Orthodox article.
- Thabor Light — on EWTN’s site, a meditation on Raphael’s Transfiguration, heavy on the doctrine of Palamas.
- Transfiguration — article on the Orthodox Wiki.
- Christ’s Theandric Role in our Sanctification — article on our site.