Quoth the Congresswoman: “Ninety-eight percent of women in childbearing age that are Catholic use contraception. So, in practice the church has not enforced this and now they want the federal government and private insurance to enforce it. It just isn’t consistent to me.”
Some questions come to mind:
1. Does the Congresswoman think the Church should “enforce” God’s Law?
2. How does the Congresswoman think the Church should “enforce” God’s Law?
3. Would the Congresswoman object to armed monks breaking and entering private homes in order to “enforce” God’s Law regulating marital relations?
4. Does the Congresswoman really think that the Church wants the federal government and private insurance companies to “enforce” God’s Law?
5. Are liberal socialists so used to big government coercion in matters of private morals that she cannot think of morality except in terms of “enforcement.”