- I was a witness of Jesus’ public life and resurrection, but am only mentioned once in the Bible.
- Another disciple with the same surname as mine is mentioned in the same inspired book that I am. Tradition is that we were brothers.
- My “brother” was a companion of Saint Paul. He is more known by his surname than his own first name.
- I am one of the seventy two disciples of the Lord.
- I was highly esteemed by the Apostles and was given another moniker complementing my Hebrew birth name which, were I to reveal it to you, would be too obvious a clue to my identity.
- I was the bishop of a small village in Palestine where I was martyred
- I was killed during the persecution of Vespasian in the year 68 along with 10,000 others that made up our village.
- I was elected by grace but not by lot.
Brother Andre MarieCatholicism·org is experiencing technical problems. We're working on it!2 weeks ago